They didn't disappoint. From the earnings release:
The Company posted quarterly revenue of $39.2 billion and quarterly net profit of $11.6 billion, or $12.30 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $24.7 billion and net profit of $6.0 billion, or $6.40 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter.
Some other highlights:
- The company now has $ 110 billion in cash and investments (no debt). Cash on the balance sheet equals roughly 20% of Apple's market capitalization and is up from $ 97 billion in the prior quarter. Only 4 percent of the S&P 500 companies have a market capitalization that's higher than the cash Apple has laying around. In other words, Apple could go on one heck of an acquisition spree if they wanted to do so (though it's hard to imagine why they'd want the headache).
- Free cash flow was more than $ 28 billion over the past six months. So, give or take, the company has had average free cash flow of $ 1 billion per week over the past half year.
What Apple sold by key product this past quarter...
- 35.1 million iPhones in the quarter, a 88 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter.
- 11.8 million iPads in the quarter, a 151 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter.
- 4 million Macs during the quarter, a 7 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter.
- 7.7 million iPods, a 15 percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter.
Unfortunately, the stock is up quite a bit this morning.
Established a long position in AAPL at much lower than recent market prices
This site does not provide investing recommendations as that comes down to individual circumstances. Instead, it is for generalized informational, educational, and entertainment purposes. Visitors should always do their own research and consult, as needed, with a financial adviser that's familiar with the individual circumstances before making any investment decisions. Bottom line: The opinions found here should never be considered specific individualized investment advice and never a recommendation to buy or sell anything.